Supreme Court Attorney Óttar Pálsson began working for LOGOS’ predecessor, Aðalsteinsson & Partners in 1997. He has been a partner at LOGOS from 2000-2006 and again from 2011, holding the position of CEO and Managing Director of the Legal and Compliance Department at ALMC hf. (formerly Straumur-Burðarás Investment Bank hf.) in the interim. In 2001, Óttar graduated from University College London with an LL.M. degree in company, banking and securities law. Óttar is among the most experienced litigators at LOGOS. Along with litigation and arbitration, his main areas of expertise are banking and finance, corporate finance and capital markets, corporate law, financial restructuring and mergers and acquisitions. Óttar is the Head of LOGOS’s banking and finance team. He is on the board of several companies, i.a. Kauping ehf. and ALMC hf. For years he has been a lecturer at the University of Iceland, Faculty of Law, focusing on corporate governance and the liability of company directors. Óttar has been the chairman of the Ethics Committee of the Icelandic Bar Association since 2017.
- LOGOS Legal Services, 2011
- ALMC hf., previously Straumur-Burðarás Investment Bank hf., 2006-2010
- LOGOS Legal Services, 1997-2006
- Aðalsteinsson & Partners, 1997-2000
- Supreme Court Attorney, 2005
- University College London, LL.M. degree in Company, Banking and Securities Law, 2001
- District Court Attorney, 1998
- University of Iceland, cand. jur., 1997
- Chapter on Iceland in European Civil Practice (eds.: Alexander Layton and Hugh Mercer), Thomson - Sweet & Maxwell, London 2004 (with Ragnar Aðalsteinsson)
- Fishing Regulations of Iceland and the European Union - Development, Comparison and Iceland’s Position, Bókaútgáfa Orators, Reykjavík 2003 (with prof. Stefán Már Stefánsson)
- Remarks on the Supreme Court’s Decision of 16 December 1999 in Case no 236/1999, Úlfljótur, 1. issue, 2000
- The EFTA Court’s Advisory Opinion in the Case of Erla María Sveinbjörnsdóttir vs. the Government of Iceland - a Principle of State Liability, Tímarit lögfræðínga vol. 49, 2. issue, 1999
- EEA Member State Liability Towards Individuals and Legal Persons, Tímarit lögfræðinga vol 48., 2. issue, 1998
- The Legal 500 on banking, finance and capital markets
"Óttar Pálsson is one of a kind when it comes to banking and finance in Iceland. As a former banker, an avid transactional lawyer and highly respected litigator, he brings a unique perspective, valuable insight and consistent results to the table. He is highly sought after by banks and parties on both the sell and buy side in larger transactions."
Top rankings in Chambers Europe 2023
LOGOS remains top ranked among Chambers and Partners.
Chambers Global rankings for 2023
Chambers and Partners has just published their 2023 Global Rankings and we are very proud to have once again been recognised as a leading law firm.
IFLR1000 rankings for 2022
The IFLR1000 Financial & Corporate and Project Development rankings are now live.