Our experts have vast experience and training in field of data protection, and we advise clients from different sectors on all aspects of data protection, privacy and compliance.
Personal data can be one of companies’ most valuable asset. At the same time companies and organizations must be aware of extensive legal obligations applicable to the processing of such data based on data protection legislation.
Data protection legislation has been developing fast in the last years and it is becoming increasingly important in many contexts. All companies, organizations and other entities processing personal data must ensure that the processing complies with legal requirements and it is important to be able to demonstrate compliance.
Our experts have vast experience and training in this field, and we advise clients from different sectors on all aspects of data protection, privacy and compliance. Our experts also act as data protection officers for several companies and organizations.
Our work in this area includes:
- representation before the Icelandic Data Protection Authority
- role of a data protection officer
- educational seminars for employees and directors
- all kinds of advice on the rights and obligations based on data protection legislation, including
- assisting in answering data subjects’ requests
- drafting data processing agreements
- providing advice in relation to any data transfer outside the European Economic Area
- drafting binding corporate rules
- drafting privacy policies and procedural rules
- analyzing the role of companies as data controllers and data processors
- assistance in relation to the use of clouds
- assistance in relation to data breaches, notification requirements etc.
New marketing methods and data protection
The online edition of Fréttablaðið published an article by Áslaug Björgvinsdóttir lawyer at LOGOS. The article is written on the occasion of the International Data Protection Day, January 28th.
LOGOS - Women in Law
Fréttablaðið newspaper published an interview in a special FKA (the Association of Businesswomen in Iceland) edition were Áslaug Björgvinsdóttir, Guðbjörg Helga Hjartardóttir, Helga Melkorka Óttarsdóttir, and Hjördís Halldórsdóttir, partners at LOGOS, discuss the path they have taken in law and the importance of gender equality and diversity in the business world.
New standard contract terms - need for action
Viðskiptablaðið (Icelandic newspaper) published an article by Áslaug Björgvinsdóttir and Gunnar Jónsson lawyers at LOGOS.